BOOKING A TRIP
Fill in the booking form below. You will get an acknowledgment that it has been sent which contains a unique reference number. Turn up on the day at least 15 minutes before the trip and enjoy your trip. This method cannot be used for booking Scout trips; please refer to the page concerning these.
To amend a trip, please cancel it and re-book.
You can make a booking for any trips listed below. Bookings close 2 days before the trip. Take note of the booking reference number and If you want to change your booking, come back to this page and put it in the box below; you can amend or cancel a booking made through the Internet. You can send payment before the day or bring the fee (£7.50 per person) in cash on the day. You can make payment in advance by following links from the booking confirmation page.
Visitors who do not arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes before the trip time may lose their place. Please be on time.
Other enquiries about trips can be sent to the Club or you can go back to the general page on visiting. You can also use this form to cancel a reservation. If you need to change a booking, please cancel it and make a fresh booking.
Privacy: email addresses and telephone numbers collected by the booking system are not used for any other purpose. However, if you want the details removed after the trip, please contact the Webmaster. Further details and a contact email address are on our Data Protection page.
|Venue||Day||Date||Time||Space left / available||Map link||Further information|
|Wood Mine||Tuesday||27/08/2019||1400||14 / 14 - Taking bookings||Map||Meet in the main car park|
This trip is aimed at children accompanied by their parents or guardians. Please do not book on to this trip unless you are bringing children. A morning trip may be arranged if there is sufficient demand.
Please read these guidelines
1. The mines involve going down uneven steps, ducking through low places and sometimes crawling on hands and knees. The crawls can usually be avoided but the low roofs in places cannot. Please take account of this. Check with your leader before the trip as the route can usually be altered to suit the group.
2. You will get sand and some mud on your shoes and clothes. It washes out but may leave stains in very light-coloured clothing. Footwear should be suitable for outdoor walking.
3. Let the leader know before you enter the mine if you have any health condition that might affect your visit or you have any particular fears of the dark or confined spaces. Take any urgent medication with you.
4. If you or anyone else in your party gets into any difficulty, call the leader immediately. This includes lights failing.
5. Wear a helmet at all times in the mine. Your light should be fixed on the helmet so that both hands are free.
6. Pay attention to the instructions given by your leader. Listen carefully when asked to be quiet.
7. Do not stray away from the group either singly or in a small group. If you want to stop to look at something or to take photographs, ask the leader to stop so that you are not left behind the group.
8. If you become separated from the group, stay where you are, you will be found quicker.
9. When climbing a ladder, use the safety line provided. Wait until the person before is off the ladder and your leader says you can start climbing. Do not look up because there is a risk of sand coming down from above.
10. Do not throw sand or stones at each other, down shafts or over bridges.
11. Do not touch or climb on walls made of stacked rocks as they might collapse and are also part of the history of the mine. Keep away from deep water and do not enter a water-filled passage unless told by your leader that it is safe.
12. Do not smoke in the mines or drop litter.
North Boundary Fault in Wood Mine
The Railway Tunnel in West Mine
A young visitor in Rabbit Caverns, Wood Mine
Emerging from Blue Shaft in Engine Vein